- Is your anger ruining your relationships?
- Are you suffering from anxiety, depression or a lack of self control?
- Are you feeling trapped in negative cycles of communication?
- Do you feel isolated or disconnected from others?
- Are people avoiding you or telling you it’s time to change?
Individual and Couples Counseling
Psychotherapy Groups For Men
Anger Management, Better Relationships and Self Developement
San Francisco- Valencia @ 23rd St. Near 24th & Mission BART
Albany, 925 Adams, Near the intersection of Solano and San Pablo, just off Hwy 80- easy parking
Call 510 684 0658
Don't Let Negative Emotions Ruin Your Relationships: When you are held captive by anxiety, stress, depression, repetetive negative thoughts, anger, emotional distancing or sexual dissatisfaction, your joy in living is greatly reduced. When relationship partners are unable to regulate emotions between them, and instead trigger cycles of repetetive fighting, blame and judgement, great frustration and suffering is the result.
Mindfulness Tools That Lower Stress & Anger & Increase Positive Emotions: I offer a specific set of dynamic tools and mindfulness practices that decrease negative emotions. When you activate these tools in your daily life, your inner expereince and relationships will improve. You will feel more alive, more relaxed and more able to track and manage emotional challenges as they arise. Your relationships will improve as you learn to recognize and interrupt the triggers that send you into negative cycles. When you feel better, your energy will rise and you will want to engage the world more fully.
Anger Management & Emotional Resiliance: Everyone
experiences difficulty with anger at some point. Relationship stress,
parenting issues, financial or work pressures, loss, sudden changes or transitions and trauma, all
put enormous strain on your capacity to cope. The people who contact me for anger management are typically good, well intentioned people who have had an incident or incidents that reveal that they have difficulty containing anger. My approach to anger management is not a specific programed course, but it is both systematic and organic. Anger management can be done in individual therapy, within couples therapy or in one of my ongoing groups. Dealing with anger can also become part of a larger journey of personal growth where you develop emotional resiliance, flexibility, responsiveness, empathy, joy, empowerment, satisfaction and aliveness. Here is some of what you will learn:
- Learn to lower your internal stress levels and get centered in yourself
- Learn to undo your anxiety- a primary hidden trigger of anger
- Learn to explore your feelings rather than act them out
- Learn to build an inner "container" to "hold" anger and other emotions
- Identify relationship cycles, old locked roles and internal stories that trigger your anger
- Learn the difference between complaining, outrage, attack/blame and assertiveness
- Learn the link between your depression and anger
- identify old family and cultural patterns that influence your expression of anger
- identify the link between trauma- physical, verbal or sexual, and anger
- learn how to build positive emotions and how to repair miss-attunments in your relationships.
- Understand a map of system dynamics that operate in couples, families, groups and in the workplace that generate anger and other negative emotions. Learn to recognise patterns of scategoating, competition, defiance/compliance and one-up/one down that undermine our relationships at hme and the workplace.
- learn essential survival communication skills, verbal hot buttons and cool downs
- Learn constructive approaches conflict resolution, negotiation and consensus building
- Recognize that you are not alone, that anger is a cultural and systemic issue and well as one of personal responsibility.
- Learn the universal phases of system development that all relationships encounter and is the source of our anger, but also can lead to deep personal and relational development and transformation.
Men's Psychology: I specialize in creating a unique environment for men's personal growth. Men's psychology acknowledges that men have a unique journey that benefits from a unique setting. Men often feel under-appreciated for their passion to engage the world through creativity, work and in relationships. Men long to be a part of something larger and often feel isolated and left out of community. Our current society lables men as un-engaged and un-emotional, niether of which is a reality. Men seek a form of relationship that meets them and acknowledges masculine rhythms, needs and desires. On the other hand, the way men are raised does mean that revealing emotions, developing sustained intimacy and dealing with anger are uniquely challenging. A men's group expereince offers men the oportunity to journey together toward their deepest goals and learn from each other along the way.
Men's groups are a great way to excellerate your learning about how to manage stress, anger and conflict, increase your communication skills and emotional IQ. It is also a way to increase healthy assertiveness, positive emotions, life satisfaction and empowerment toward your deepest life goals. Open to all men who want to explore themselves, grow and change, young or old, gay or straight, and all ethnicities.
Call or email me for a free introductory consult or come to one of my free group introductions in San Francisco or Albany.
510 684 0658 email@example.com